Powered by Litmus, Render Tests enable you to maximize deliverability and optimize your content. The Render Test allows you to validate how messages look in multiple desktop, web and mobile clients prior to sending, as well as pre-screen messages to highlight potential deliverability challenges.
In this topic::
Run a Render Test
- Once logged in, click on the Send tab.
Create and/or edit a mailing, per normal procedure.
- Complete the Content tab.
- Click on the Rendering tab.
- [Optional] Select the recipient and list to be used for the rendering test, if applicable.
- Click Run Render Test to request the Rendering Report. Once clicked, this button will turn gray until results are viewed.
Note: After you have viewed the rendering results, the Run Render Test button will become available again to request a new report. Requesting a new version of the rendering report will delete previous rendering results for that mailing on this tab. You will still have access to the previous results through the Reports tab.
Access Previously Ran Reports
You are able to view results as soon as they are available. There are two ways to access the reports once requested.
Viewing the Report within the Mailing
The rendering test results will show within the mailing, displaying underneath the Run Test button. The tab will not automatically refresh to display results after you click Run Test. When a test is first requested, you will see a confirmation message.
There are two ways to pull in updated results:
- Leave and come back to the tab
- Click the Refresh Results button
Viewing the Report from the Reports Tab
- Click on the Reports tab.
- Click Litmus Reports on the right side menu.
- Select Render Test Results.
- All of the requested reports will display, with the most recent requests listed first. If the report you are looking for is not visible, use the search function or click on a column heading to resort the reports. You can resort by ID, Title, Test Type, or Mailing Type. The Test Type is used specifically for the seed reports to differentiate between the Integrated and Standalone seed tests.
- Click on the ID link to open the report.
Understanding Rendering Reports
The Rendering Reports are broken into three tabs, Rendering Previews, Content Spam Filter and Code Analysis.
When you view a Rendering Report, you will default to the Rendering Previews tab. This allows you to see how your content will appear to recipients using a variety of browsers and devices. Scroll through the page to see a snapshot image of each option. To view a preview in more detail, click on one of the snapshots. This will open the preview in a larger window. You can then use the green arrows at the top of the page to move between previews.
Note: To view additional previews, uncheck the United States Only box in the top right corner to add the International Web Previews section to the bottom of the report.
Some of the previews may take a few additional minutes to generate. If the preview is not yet available, you will see a loading screen for that section. You can click Refresh Results in the top right corner at any point to pull in updated results.
Content Spam Filter
The Content Spam Filter gives you a quick overview of whether your mailing will be flagged as spam. Email clients are listed with either a green check for passing spam, or a red x if failing the spam filters. For any client listed you can click Show Details to view more information. You can also use the Show/Hide Details links in the top left corner of the report to display or hide details for every client at once.