Intelligent Capture utilizes role-based permissions. Each role is assigned a specific set of permissions that allows users to perform actions. When a new user is added, one or more roles must be assigned to that user. Once a role is assigned to a user, that user has all of the permissions that are available for that role. See Permissions for a list of available permissions.
There are three default roles in Intelligent Capture:
- Administrators have complete access to Intelligent Capture. Administrators can capture documents, manage the data dictionary, manage users and roles, manage workflows, and manage work items.
- Power Users can perform all actions within the system except for managing users. Power Users can capture documents, manage the data dictionary, manage roles, manage workflows, and manage work items.
- Basic Users can only capture documents. Basic Users cannot view the Work Items page or access Settings on the Navigation menu.
Any user that is assigned to a role with the Manage Roles permission can add, edit, and delete roles.
On the Navigation Menu, click Settings, then click Roles.
Click New Role...
- In the Name box, enter a name for the role.
On the Permissions tab, click Add (>) next to the permission(s) you want to add to the role. Or, move permissions from the Available box to the Selected box using a drag-and-drop operation.
To remove a permission from a role, click Remove (X) next to the permission in the Selected box.
On the Users tab, click Add (>) next to the user(s) you want to assign to the role. Or, move users from the Available box to the Selected box using a drag-and-drop operation.
To remove a user from a role, click Remove (X) next to the user in the Selected box.
Note: Users can also be assigned to roles on the Roles tab in User Properties. See Users for more information.
- Click Save.
You may have a role that is already configured with permissions that are very similar to those that you want a new role to have. Instead of configuring a new role from scratch, you can save time by duplicating the existing role and making modifications to the role properties.
Click the three dots next to the role you want to duplicate, then select Duplicate from the drop-down menu.
- Update the Name for the new role.
- Add or remove any necessary permissions and users, then click Save.
In Role Properties, you can rename a role, add or remove permissions associated with a role, and assign users to a role.
Click the three dots next to the role you want to view properties for, then select Properties from the drop-down menu. Or, click the name of the role you want to view properties for.
- Modify role properties as needed, then click Save.
A role cannot be deleted if it has been assigned to a user.
Click the three dots next to the role you want to delete, then select Delete from the drop-down menu. Or, select the check box next to one or multiple roles, then click Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm the deletion.